We are pleased to provide patients with the latest in advanced, digital radiography.
How do Radiographs Help?
Dental x-rays or radiographs are very important. They allow the dentist to see things about your oral health that cannot be seen by the naked eye. These items include cysts (sacks of fluid that form on the roots of teeth), cancerous and non-cancerous tumors, invisible decay that occurs between teeth, and the location of teeth that haven’t grown all the way in.
By using an x-ray to diagnose these problems, we can help save you money in the long run from surgeries or other treatments that might become necessary if we didn’t find the problem. In some cases, where dental x-rays show the location of tumorous growths, x-rays can be responsible for saving your life.
Adavantages of Digital Radiography
Digital x-rays have many advantages when compared with old fashioned film-based machines, including:
- Reduced radiation exposure (up to 90% less than traditional systems)
- Enhanced ability to refine image quality
- Instant viewing (no waiting for films to develop)
- Environmentally friendly (no toxic chemicals)
- Best of all, it’s easy for you to see what the doctor sees. Your digital x-ray can be seen on a computer screen located next to your dental chair. This helps you understand your needs and make and informed choice about any treatment.
Schedule a Dental X-ray to Look for Underlying Dental Issues
Call Dr. Sparkman’s Office in Dunwoody today at 770-396-8061 or contact us online to book an appointment for a radiograph.